Ambassador Program (Level 1)
Explore Our Programs
Join our global team of KWC Certified Ambassadors!
Develop in-demand, specialized skills for developing and presenting corporate wellness Lunch and Learns, workshops and webinars.
Benefits to Becoming a
Certified Workplace Wellness Ambassador
- Entry-level training in Workplace Wellness (WW) for employment as a WW Coach or Presenter
- Skill development in Workplace Wellness basics including: employee wellness coaching; Lunch and Learns; wellness workshops, presentations and webinar delivery; and much more
- Training/resources for development of Workplace Wellness Buddies and Wellness Champions
- Introductory training in Ergonomics and Workplace Safety for promoting safe work practices with employees
- Opportunity to collaborate and learn with others through group Lunch and Learn projects
- Comprehensive toolkits and Lunch and Learn Database of brandable, off-the-shelf resources to hit the ground running
- Networking and collaboration with Workplace Wellness mentors, coordinators, consultants, and coaches for ongoing support and career advancement
KWC Certified Ambassador presenting “Magical Foods” Lunch and Learn (Level 1)
Ambassador Program Overview
- The Ambassador Certification Program (Level 1) is a 10-week, fully facilitated, and virtually delivered program offered twice a year.
- Entry-level skill development in employee wellness coaching; Lunch and Learns; workshops, presentations and webinar delivery; and much more.
- Module topics and toolkits – workplace wellness fundamentals; mindful eating; healthy weight management; healthy habits for healthy living; personal stress mastery and time management; Lunch and Learn design and delivery; engaging presentation techniques; intro to ergonomics and employee safety; developing wellness buddies and cultivating wellness champions.
- Four interactive training webinars and an archived webinar library featuring workplace wellness presentations by industry leaders.
- Implementable resources and a “Lunch and Learn Database” of brandable, off-the-shelf Lunch and Learns from each program offering.
- Level 1 is a prerequisite for the Master Ambassador Certification Program (Level 2).
- Complete 9 modules over the scheduled 10-week program including related discussion posts hosted on Ruzuku e-Learning platform.
- Complete weekly chapter readings and one related discussion post per chapter/per week from the book, Workplace Wellness That Works by Laura Putnam (purchase independently prior to program commencement).
- Participate in a minimum of 2 of 4, two-hour interactive webinars led by KWC facilitators and industry guests including Laura Putnam. (Note: 1-2 page webinbar summaries required for missed webinars.)
- Participate in a “Lunch and Learn” Group Project developed virtually in small groups during weeks 5-10. Selected projects added to the Lunch and Learn Database.
Click on each module title below for descriptions:
Module 1: Intro to Workplace Wellness Essentials
Week 1 – introduces the elements of a healthy workplace; Workplace Wellness benefits for employers and employees; and an overview of the modules in both certification levels – their intended purpose and value in cultivating healthy thriving workplaces.
Module 2: Focus on Healthy Eating
Weeks 2 and 3 provide an overview of our Focus on Healthy Eating Program including: principles of mindful eating; healthy weight management the non-diet way; and strategies for abundant living. Module 2 Toolkit features a selection of mindful eating tools, healthy living profiles, and interviews with leading health coaches; and includes two implementable Lunch and Learns – “Mindful Eating” and “Taking Charge of the Sugar Blues”.
Module 3: Healthy Habits for Life
Week 4 – presents strategies for cultivating a healthier lifestyle, improved health and vitality, and enhanced work performance. Each of these Dimensions of Wellness will be introduced and explored: Physical, Emotional, Career, Social, Financial, and Community. Module 3 Toolkit offers implementable healthy living resources and a “Find What Moves You!” Lunch and Learn.
Module 4: Mastering the Moment
Week 5 – provides wellness enhancing strategies that help individuals “moment the moment” for personal wellbeing, workplace effectiveness, and personal productivity. Topics include resilience and stress mastery, time management, mindfulness and meditation, scheduling and prioritization, and techniques for working smarter not harder. Module 4 Toolkit includes a “Living the Moment” Lunch and Learn.
Module 5: “WOW” Lunch and Learns
Week 6 – presents elements involved in the design and delivery of engaging Lunch and Learns. Participants will gain knowledge and skills in creating Lunch and Learn interest surveys, agendas, handouts, activities, evaluations, along with interactive facilitation tips that inspire and motivate employees. “WOW” Lunch and Learn Toolkit includes assessment templates, agenda samples, presentation tips and techniques, interactive activities, and energizers. Modules 5 and 6 will provide all the necessary training and tools for the creation of the group Lunch and Learn certification project. Module 5 Toolkit includes a “Magical Foods” Lunch and Learn (and interactive Superfoods Bingo Game complete with brandable handouts, cards, posters, etc.).
Module 6: Engaging Presentation Techniques
Week 7 – offers engaging presentation tips and techniques for the delivery of transformational presentations, workshops, campaigns, etc. Topics include adult learning principles, graphic design basics using Canva, PowerPoint tips, onsite and virtual presentation techniques, webinar tips and tools, etc. Module 6 Toolkit includes presentation design and delivery tip sheets, training tutorials, etc. Modules 5 and 6 provide the necessary tools and training for the group-developed Lunch and Learn projects for program certification.
Module 7: Intro to Ergonomics and Workplace Safety
Week 8 – provides foundational training and skill sets for cultivating safe work practices and healthy work environments. Topics include basic ergonomic principles and application to office settings, safe work practices for injury prevention including back care tips, fundamentals of conducting an employee comfort survey, and much more. Module 7 Toolkit includes the Ergonomics webinar PowerPoint presentation, implementable handouts, and a dynamic “Work It Out” Lunch and Learn.
Module 8: Developing Workplace Wellness Buddies
Week 9 – provides strategies and coaching fundamentals for establishing, leading, and fostering Workplace Wellness Buddy programs. Participants gain knowledge and skills in how to promote, recruit, match, and develop wellness buddies for enhanced employee health, motivation, and increased engagement in worksite wellness programs. Module 8 Toolkit includes an implementable “Developing Workplace Wellness Buddies” Lunch and Learn.
Module 9: Cultivating Wellness Champions
Week 10 – explores the imperatives of cultivating Wellness Champions for the development of engaging, employee-driven Workplace Wellness programs. Participants are trained in: recruiting and developing Wellness Champions; facilitating Champion training workshops; and nurturing employee support and involvement in wellness program offerings. Module 9 Toolkit includes a four-part training series, “Cultivating Wellness Champions” for Ambassador development of wellness champions within their organizations or client organizations (i.e. to serve as a component of a “comprehensive” wellness program – not intended as a stand alone offering).
Ambassador Program Lunch and Learns