“A team is more powerful than the sum of its parts â€“ but each part must be continually refurbished and renewed in order for the team to sustain its power.” (www.forbes.com)
Kelly Wellness Consulting offers the following interactive work site and online workshops to meet your organization’s team development and wellness needs. These workshops help develop core competencies required of healthy, high-performing teams as identified in the Team Health Checklist below.
Additional customized and dynamic team-building solutions are available upon consultation with a KWC consultant.
KWC Team-Building Workshops
Workplace Wellness for Healthy Teams
Embracing Workplace Diversity
Peer Coaching for Cohesive Teams
Building Team Wellness Culture
Communicating for Team Effectiveness
Self-Leadership for High-Performing Teams
Fundamentals of Constructive Problem Solving
Defining High-Performing Teams
A high-performance team can be defined as a group of people with specific roles and complementary talents and skills, aligned with and committed to a common purpose, who consistently show high levels of collaboration and innovation that produce superior results. The high-performance team is regarded as tight-knit, focused on their goal and nothing else. Team members are so devoted to their purpose that they will surmount any barrier to achieve the team’s goals. Within the high-performance team, people are highly skilled and are able to interchange their roles. Also, leadership within the team is not vested in a single individual. Instead, the leadership role is taken up by various team members, according to the need at that moment in time. Collectively, the team has its own consciousness, indicating shared norms and values within the team. The team feels a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. Team members display high levels of mutual trust towards each other. (www.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-performance_teams)
Imperatives of High-Performing Teams
- High-performing team members possess and execute competent levels of skill, knowledge and abilities to meet the needs of the task(s) at hand
- They employ performance strategies conducive to the task, team and work environment
- Members need to be focused and expend sufficient energy to accomplish acceptable levels of performance
Team Health Check
Listed below are core competencies required of high-performing teams. Reflect on your organization/team’s current strengths and weaknesses, then identify from the list below team competencies that are lacking and may require further development.
- Clearly-Articulated Roles and Responsibilities
- Clearly-Defined SMART Goals
- Seamless and Co-ordinative Relationships
- Constructive Decision-Making Techniques
- Effective Conflict Management Techniques
- Participative Leadership and Shared Accountability
- Self-Leadership Skills
- Transparent and Open Communication Skills
- Empathic Listening Skills
- Embrace and Support Diversity (Personality Differences)
- Peer Coaching Techniques
- Information Sharing and Management
- Celebrates Key Milestones and Success
Contact Kelly Wellness Consulting today to learn how we might assist your organization in developing healthy, high-performing teams.